Dean Freeman is a veteran of the cybersecurity industry, with over 15 years of experience in domains ranging from threat intelligence and incident response to systems security engineering. In addition to his professional career, he has written extensively on technical issues related to preparation, survival, and self-defense for magazines such as Recoil Offgrid and Concealed Carry Magazine, served as a ground search volunteer, and even once upon a time won a 2nd place ribbon at a county fair for a home-grown pumpkin. Other hobbies and interests include firearms, ham radio, and fly fishing.
• Understanding the surveillance threat landscape in both digital and physical spaces
• Considerations for using physical dead drops in a post-Cold War age
• Using image hosting sites and digital dead drops
• How digital steganography works and what open source tools are available
• What considerations need to be made to mitigate online surveillance